Old Aleajecta

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Old Aleajecta

For all aleajecta players that liked blizzlike

+21
dz
Medis
Kaamos
Marsheur
Mishan
Alyx
Ghastly
Quarpest
shadow
Drterreur
Rokham
Etznab
Andre
astorflo
Retep
tehpwnedlife
Paladium
Ralgo
Redoks
Jriske
Kumy
25 posters

Phoenix-WoW

Kumy
    Kumy
    Admin

Phoenix-WoW Empty Phoenix-WoW

Post  Kumy Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:19 am

Guyz I talked with Jriske about the merge and we have to decide what's best for our community.

Those are the option we have:
    The only 3 options that I feel are viable it start from scratch, work out some way to boost their characters but not to full levels or gear, or for them to donate each a few bucks and I will offer them the $120 donation for just a few bucks each and whatever they come up with (within reason) I'll offer the donation to 100 people.

$100-$150 total and I will give the gear to people who don't donate.
    Most likely anything over $100 total, which makes the reward $1 each which is a huge discount.

If they are not interested in that, we can work something out to give them dungeon set and level 40 and maybe a little gold
    For free.

So we could pay 1$ each of us and get 100 characters transfered there with tier 7/arena season 5 or go for free and get lvl 40 a dungeon set and a little amount of gold.

Also Jriske is opened for new suggestions, so if anyone have any please share it.

Thanks and waiting for your replys.

AJ ftw!

Last edited by Kumy on Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Jriske

Phoenix-WoW Empty Re: Phoenix-WoW

Post  Jriske Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:27 am

Thanks for the topic Kumy.

I'm open to suggestions if the AJ community feels they would like to move to Phoenix Wow. We were based off the former Burning WoW that shut down and I started up Phoenix WoW because of the community and wanting to keep it together.I know exactly what you guys are feeling right now, because l was there almost a year ago when Burning WoW shut down.

I'm not comfortable doing a full character restore from the database, but I also don't want you guys starting from scratch. At the same time, I don't want our current players to feel they got shammed by 100+ new players who came in and have full gear instantly. I'm trying to find a balance for both communities to become one.

There are a few options, but two that I feel will work the best. I can either offer you guys a heavy discount on our Dragonblight starter pack that is $120 for $1 - $3 each character, which is a huge discount on my part. This way players know that the community donated for the gear and it wasn't just handed out, and so we can use those funds to help improve the server since we're donation only.

There's also the option of leveling everyone to 40, giving them a few hundred gold and the set from Zul'Grub for free. That way you don't start from scratch, but you also earn your gear which I don't think current players will have an issue with.

Just let me know what you guys are looking for. I can promise you our server isn't going anywhere any time soon. And I'm here for the community and looking forward to you guys becoming apart of ours.

If you decide Phoenix WoW is not the best option, I wish you the best of luck with finding a server to help rebuild your community like we were able to do.

Jriske
    Redoks

Post  Redoks Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:46 am

mmm, level 80 with 0 gold and blue pvp gear(78level one) would be great :s
    1$ is ok but how im suposed to pay it? :S im 16 years old, and leveling again from 40... sucks
    Ralgo

Post  Ralgo Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:23 am

I am agree with Redoxs´s suggestion. Level 80 or even level 70, without gold and some gear.... but as always... i am opened to new suggestions. Also, i got a doubt... we are supposed to pay 1$-3$ ... but that would be by paypal? or by other method?

Last edited by Ralgo on Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total
    Jriske

Post  Jriske Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:37 am

I don't feel comfortable leveling over 100 people and giving them gear when our community worked for it over the past year. I know your server is gone, but I'm trying to help and not offer tons of freebies.

Yes, it would be via paypal.
    Ralgo

Post  Ralgo Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:43 am

I got another doubt Jriske, forgive me for my attitude of asking a lot, but when u said that u can level us to 40, with some gear of Zul gurub and few hundreds of gold...u meant that u are going to dis-level us according to the data saved from the other server or u are going to create new characters with the details mentioned above? If u could explain me that aspect a bit.. cuz i really don´t understand it... thank you again for giving us some options in order to choose what suits us better.... thanks

Vergil
    Paladium
    Paladium

Post  Paladium Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:52 am

arent we supposed to come from a blizzlike server at least i worked more than a year to get my char to what it was before shutdown i got nothing for free i know it was not in your server but still count it so i don't see we geting freebies i means tranfer means to tranfer the chars not making a new one with same name i can create a account and just make the char mayself and get to 40 in the time we decide what to do i don't want to sound rude or nothing i really apreciate you want us there since mostly all other servers don't but really a level 40 char for me is like nothing and i don't have pay pal account etc anyways i repeat i still apreciate your offer at least is something
    tehpwnedlife

Post  tehpwnedlife Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:00 am

Jriske here's my suggestion. How about:
    1. You makes us lvl 70 with no gold and no armor
    2. We keep our professions and their skill lvls
    3. Limit to one char (possibly 2 if you're feeling generous)
    4. Flag us as friendly to alliance and horde for 1 week (probably less) to give us a chance to lvl up and gear up from our weakened state (to prevent being ganked)

I feel this way is the best compromise since we don't lose THAT much and the population of your server doesn\'t feel THAT cheated since we start with nothing. Let me know what you think.

I realize that having us just the way we were on AJ is cheating the population of another server so we gotta make compromises ppl cuz in case you haven't noticed this is the only place that's even considering a transfer (while still being blizzlike).

Last edited by tehpwnedlife on Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:04 am; edited 6 times in total
    Redoks

Post  Redoks Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:01 am

Paladium wrote:arent we supposed to come from a blizzlike server at least i worked more than a year to get my char to what it was before shutdown i got nothing for free i know it was not in your server but still count it so i don't see we geting freebies i means tranfer means to tranfer the chars not making a new one with same name i can create a account and just make the char mayself and get to 40 in the time we decide what to do i don't want to sound rude or nothing i really apreciate you want us there since mostly all other servers don't but really a level 40 char for me is like nothing and i don't have pay pal account etc anyways i repeat i still apreciate your offer at least is something

I agree with him. I spent more than 1 year leveling my char. Where is the problem? Aleajecta was blizzlike
    Jriske

Post  Jriske Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:05 am

Ralgo wrote:I got another doubt Jriske, forgive me for my attitude of asking a lot, but when u said that u can level us to 40, with some gear of Zul gurub and few hundreds of gold...u meant that u are going to dis-level us according to the data saved from the other server or u are going to create new characters with the details mentioned above? If u could explain me that aspect a bit.. cuz i really don´t understand it... thank you again for giving us some options in order to choose what suits us better.... thanks

Vergil

If you decide to come to Phoenix WoW, I don't owe you a full restore as you have not earned it on our servers. Kumy came to me and wanted to work something out so you could have a new stable home. Because we've been in a similar situation and I wanted to help out your community I looked into it and seems you guys got the stale end of the stick. I'm trying my best here to accommodate your community so you can stick together and get back on your feet.

From an Admin point of view, I am not comfortable on doing a database restore. It compromises our database integrity and our community. They would feel as if new players came onto their server and are now fully geared without earning it. (Even if you earned it on the AJ Server). I'm trying to come up with options so you don't have to start from scratch and so your community can stick together.

Jriske
    tehpwnedlife

Post  tehpwnedlife Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:21 am

What's your response to my suggestion Jriske?
    Retep

Post  Retep Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:36 am

From an Admin point of view, I am not comfortable on doing a database restore. It compromises our database integrity and our community. They would feel as if new players came onto their server and are now fully geared without earning it. (Even if you earned it on the AJ Server).

My 2 cent:

I don't think the uniform transfer helps about "community integrity" more than character restoration. Why is it "natural" for the server to suddenly pop up 100+ people with uniform level and gear sets? it is not "intergral" at all.

Characters from AJ are certainlly NOT "full geared". We had WoLK open for only 2-3 weeks before the incidence, and there were only 3 instances and 1 raid open (not mentioning they were tough and bliz-like and that's why they were open). There is no way we can "overpower" the phoenix people there. In fact, if you look the "merge player list", not even half of them are lv 80.

Character restore would be more natural, and more benefial to all of us - for AJ people, we can interate into phoenix faster because it is home-feeling for us right away. For phoenix people, you won't feel any changes beside the increase in population over different level and gear strength because they WERE naturally gained (instead of bunch of artifically made high end, full T7 strangers).

In conclusion, in my point of view, character restoration is a gain-gain for both sides.
    astorflo

Post  astorflo Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:47 am

Hi apriciate your offers and all but we are far from fully geared. We barely have crafted gear lol we are talking here of months of rep grinds, lucky drops and hard work, professions and such. All this dont depend on gear nor gold which comes in notime compared to the above.With your old server being closed before you should know how it is, yeah and you started from zero again. With a 40 or even 70 toon its not that much of a diference, is it? Ty
    Jriske

Post  Jriske Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:14 pm

tehpwnedlife wrote:What's your response to my suggestion Jriske?

I'm open for whatever is best for your community. Mine was just a starting suggestion.

Retep wrote:In conclusion, in my point of view, character restoration is a gain-gain for both sides.

The biggest issue is there is a lot of work to be done to merge a database. We've done it, and it's not as simple as it sounds. I don't feel comfortable merging two databases together and would rather do a manual restore if you decide to move to Phoenix WoW.

astorflo wrote:Hi apriciate your offers and all but we are far from fully geared. We barely have crafted gear lol we are talking here of months of rep grinds, lucky drops and hard work, professions and such. All this dont depend on gear nor gold which comes in notime compared to the above.With your old server being closed before you should know how it is, yeah and you started from zero again. With a 40 or even 70 toon its not that much of a diference, is it? Ty

I understand that, and I am trying to offer suggestions to help you with your server issue. From what I have seen I am the only server admin to come forward and offer my help to the AJ community. It's up to the AJ community to discuss what's best for them, if they want to move to another server and start fresh, try and use the backups or come to Phoenix WoW with a manually restored character.

Jriske
    astorflo

Post  astorflo Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:28 pm

being a wow addict im ok starting from lvl 1 thus losing everything a server shutdown imply but others may not agree with this, thats why we must dicide as a whole not separetly. I dont care if i have to lvl agin if i have friends with me and we have a good time together. this is the point of this game right?

edit: whats that a manually restore and how can it be done?
    Andre

Post  Andre Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:54 pm

ok lets suposse we come with your conditions to your server ...

what makes me feel secure that will not happen the same issue that happened this time to us?

how can i be give up to my 4 years grinding farminng bla bla bla and start from that scratch to make the community fair... and be sure that ill not lost all , in the next year or 2 years for x reason....

that is what many of us see some just had lvled but some of us has lot of time in 70 or 80

many of us was 70 for 2 years and now get back to 40 ... loose lot of reps skills and that stuff im not sure. but for me is demotivating

and many of our gamers may will be able to play. but almost me lvl up from 40 :S i dunno i dont want to screw merge to but we should get a nice plan of merge.

i mean is ur server u have ur rules and u decide of course and my point of view not represent many players ,just mine. but i dont know what to say about merger in that conditions.

another thing lvl up to 40 may takes less than a week for daylies players and may 15 for 3 hour players

so ... i dont see too much advantage start from 0

whatever guys get a deal and u decide good luck
    Etznab
    Etznab

Post  Etznab Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:01 pm

Manual is what we did when feenix went poof.

Me, zander and some other feenix gm's recreated the database from our old backups.
    Test and fix every single character that wanted to move to aleajecta so we would not add yunk to there database.

After that i had to manually export every character which then was imported by the aleajecta admins. Currently there is no tool that will do this for you everything has to be done by hand.

Also the main reason the req was made to only supply 2 characters for the move (if there is any).
    The db has to be synchronized to destination server and then every char has to be exported by hand. would take at least a full day or so to do it well (or create a script but then you need to test that to).

For me:
    I don't care about my gear or toon, i only would regret loosing my achievements ( /sniff).
    If we start at 40 or 70 does not matter we will be 80 real soon since we will help each other would take us about 1-2 months at most so dont see the point in that. It would be more easy to Create a brand new toon, or import the toons then to create a toon for each player by hand.

Simply said: import or new (lvl1) rest has no added value to me.

I do care that:
    -We go to a server together.
    -We can trust the server welcomes us.
    -It runs MaNGOS.
    -Has a active communities and descent staff.

M.
    Ralgo

Post  Ralgo Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:38 pm

Guys...i have seen this happen a lot...many servers closing, many chars. What we have here is an opportunity...and there is no guarantee...'cause nothing is for sure. On my part If we have to pay i will...i am willing to pay $10 for two high level characters...(if the rate is $1 per chart you can accomodate the ones who cannot pay). But for the others chars that are my interest (a level 51 and 43) i would like to suggest that those aren't payed because there won't be much of a difference but i would like to keep them...is there a way that your server so kindly can accomodate those "low levels" at no charge?

Those are my thoughts on the matter...

Note: All the characters are in different accounts...and their owners are different (all the family plays Very Happy )
    Redoks

Post  Redoks Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:52 pm

Etznab wrote:Manual is what we did when feenix went poof.

-It runs MaNGOS.

M.

I have to agree with you mordon. These days i have been testing trinity servers and, believe me, Mangos is ten times better. Less bugged spells/skills/talents etc.
    Rokham
    Rokham

Post  Rokham Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:28 pm

Jriske maybe you could open a voting section on phoenix-wow forum and see what the players there think about this situation. Smile
    Drterreur

Post  Drterreur Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:50 pm

Hello all,

My 2 cent : I played wow on AJ because it was free. If I wanted to pay, I would only pay for the Official Blizz. Absolutely no bugs there... So to me its out of question to pay for a character transfer. There are hundreds of free servers around.

I understand that its a long process to transfer manually each character. It will take a lot of time, thats for sure. And your not paid for this time. I understand that its a lot easier to just create a new char with the same name, and change the number of level it has. But I will never forget all the time spent killing those clefthoof... So I'd really like to "transfer" my professions too.

Final point : A community of 200 players adding to your community is a good move for both of us. I really dont see why players of Phoenix would not want us to join. More population = better economy, more pvp, more raids, more rewards, easier to make 25 man raids, best loots... So everyone wins. So, please explain to me how a Phoenix player could be so mad to see me logging in with my lv 72 warrior and make a group to an instance with them. Will they say : "Hey, this guy just appeared with a lv 72, I never saw him before, boo! I hate him even if I am lv 80..." Or will they say : "Hey thats great, another tank, so one more helper to complete the instance X and finally get my epic loot, lets go dude, rock the instance !"

The people would be upset if complete noobs were to log on a lv 80 player without knowing how to play it and cause repetitive wipes on instances. You know what, we really master our characters because we did levelled them the long and Blizz like way. Dont worry, we wont cause wipes and we wont make other players feel suspicious about our high lvl players. They will rather see some newfound allys, and they will like it.

So I'm for "transfer" of our characters, without lvl losses, for free. Well, it has to be balanced for sure, if the highest player on your server is only lv 60, I understand that its not fair to tranfer lv 80... But I dont think we will be overpowered since WOTLK was opended for only 2 weeks before the closure of the server.

What do you guys think ?
    shadow
    shadow

Post  shadow Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:43 pm

sorry for any typos that may occur.
    ****= where the suggestion starts but please try to read the whole thing XD

well starting from level 40 again would make all those high levels have to level again and all the low levels happy which i say most of the population that was on AJ was above 40 so the freebie i'd consider would make alot of ppl unhappy

then the donation of 1-3$ per character i see reasonable but giving us the gear sets plus you didn't really mention what level we would be seems rather odd concerning most of us didn't have that in the first place.Doing this might upset your current players more then just giving us our old characters back.

so a happy medium as thyholyone suggested down-grading character to level 70 and leveling all professions the same and making them friendly to all players. now what about the characters under level 70 getting and upgrade? well that's just cause more trouble on our end them bragging about it and higher level players being mad they didn't have to go through all the work to get there.

voting on your website won't work considering not every1 votes and everyone's opinions about this on your server matters about the merge.

so that just took out those ones yet they should still be considered with there faults considering its better then starting from scratch

okay so whats something that could make every1 happy well there is no true solution to it either one or the other gets a raw end to the deal :\

there are a lot of suggestions that could be made but it will always give one or the other a raw deal considering what we use to have compared to what were getting comparing it to what your own players got.

so this is going to be hard to consider who will get the raw end your players or the players of AJ who lost there server :\

I'd say us considering we got ourselves to get the raw end even if its a little one.

****now my suggestion is using current info known about the characters round them to the nearest level max being 70 cause 80's being transferred would cause a fuss, and either let us come with the items and gold we had already collected or give us a average amount of gold based on our levels with a set of gear doesn't matter the kind but also for some types of characters there might have to be 2 sets given i.e druid they have resto tanking + dps most druids carry a set of tanking gear and a tank of mana gear usually there tanking gear consisting of high stamina and high agility.(that's just one of the classes that have that problem.)
    then for professions you can decide if we get them back or if we have to start from scratch for them. guild= probably a start over unless your willing to give us some guilds that we use to have.
    (I'd say the guild = no)
    so then everything else you give us should be based on the average of that level.
    i.e
    if you compare 2 ppl of one level lets say 2 lv 70s one with 5k gold one with 1k gold then the average between the two would be 2.5k gold which is what we'd get but.... that isn't technically correct unless your server only had 2 players.you'd probably have to base your average on something else but it would help some if you did that = both get some raw end of the deal part but still are happy.

sorry for it being so long lol.
    Quarpest

Post  Quarpest Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:58 pm

I dont know why we must start from 0 if we dont pay, we were in a server same as Phoenix Wow (totally blizzlike) and we worked a lot for what we have now... we didnt cheat or something like that, my character was forged by my own hand, i didnt share it or cheat it, or pay for gear etc...
    I understand the rules for the another servers but we arent comming from a funserver where all rate its x100, we came from a server where all was x1... soo we were balanced in leveling and looting as Phoenix WoW and we wont go there to rape all ppl, we will help Phoenix Wow's ppl because they are accepting us there and we can make ONE community, our efforts don't count??? all that we did in AJ server was official (Blizzlike)
    Jriske

Post  Jriske Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:14 am

Andre wrote:ok lets suposse we come with your conditions to your server ...

what makes me feel secure that will not happen the same issue that happened this time to us?

how can i be give up to my 4 years grinding farminng bla bla bla and start from that scratch to make the community fair... and be sure that ill not lost all , in the next year or 2 years for x reason....

Phoenix WoW has been around for a year, before that it was Burning WoW for 3 years and before that it was ChronicBum WoW for 2 years. We have been around for 6 years and have changed owners 3 times. The server is stable and has no plans of going anywhere.

As far as you giving up the past 4 years of grinding. You got screwed when the owner shut the server down. It's not fair and it's not right. But I am here trying to help you gain some thing back. I haven't seen any of the other servers offering a full restore and it seems I am the only one here trying to the AJ community.

Redoks wrote:I have to agree with you mordon. These days i have been testing trinity servers and, believe me, Mangos is ten times better. Less bugged spells/skills/talents etc.

Many of our skills, spells, instances, talents work. We have a dev team that does custom fixes. This means we have fixes other servers don't. I have gotten a lot of compliments to our dev team because of how our server is. I'm quite proud of our dev team for this. Today, we had 57 hours uptime for our High-Rate realm!

Rokham wrote:Jriske maybe you could open a voting section on phoenix-wow forum and see what the players there think about this situation. Smile

I haven't said anything yet, and I don't want to because I don't want to give a false impression of the AJ community decides to go with another server.

Drterreur wrote:
    Final point : A community of 200 players adding to your community is a good move for both of us. I really dont see why players of Phoenix would not want us to join. More population = better economy, more pvp, more raids, more rewards, easier to make 25 man raids, best loots... So everyone wins.

Yes, this is true. As I was saying to Kumy, we both win. That's why I am offering to give out things I normally wouldn't so you can have a community. We both win, you have a new stable home and our community has a new family members.

stephen wrote: ****now my suggestion is using current info known about the characters round them to the nearest level max being 70 cause 80's being transferred would cause a fuss, and either let us come with the items and gold we had already collected or give us a average amount of gold based on our levels with a set of gear doesn't matter the kind but also for some types of characters there might have to be 2 sets given i.e druid they have resto tanking + dps most druids carry a set of tanking gear and a tank of mana gear usually there tanking gear consisting of high stamina and high agility.(that's just one of the classes that have that problem.)
    then for professions you can decide if we get them back or if we have to start from scratch for them. guild= probably a start over unless your willing to give us some guilds that we use to have.
    (I'd say the guild = no)
    so then everything else you give us should be based on the average of that level.

This is reasonable, as I said level 40 isn't a "final offer". As an admin, I have never dealt with a server merge outside Burning WoW/Phoenix WoW. Level 70, possibly tier 3, some gold and one maxed profession sounds reasonable.

Quarpest wrote:I dont know why we must start from 0 if we dont pay, we were in a server same as Phoenix Wow (totally blizzlike) and we worked a lot for what we have now... we didnt cheat or something like that, my character was forged by my own hand, i didnt share it or cheat it, or pay for gear etc...
    I understand the rules for the another servers but we arent comming from a funserver where all rate its x100, we came from a server where all was x1... soo we were balanced in leveling and looting as Phoenix WoW and we wont go there to rape all ppl, we will help Phoenix Wow's ppl because they are accepting us there and we can make ONE community, our efforts don't count??? all that we did in AJ server was official (Blizzlike)

I never said you HAVE to start from scratch. But if you move to another server that won't offer any kind of compensation, you will have to start from scratch. I know it's shitty that the server was closed and it's unfair to you as a player. You got screwed. You won't be getting your server back, but what you can do is try and preserve the community.

Jriske
    tehpwnedlife

Post  tehpwnedlife Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:16 am

Kumy I want to know what you thought of my idea and if you could set up a poll or something to see how much of AJ likes which idea for the merge if it goes through.
    Here it is in case you forgot:

1. You make us lvl 70 (for those that have chars lvl 70 and over only) with no gold and no armor
    2. We keep our 2 professions and their skill lvls
    3. Limit to one char for transfer (possibly 2 if you're feeling generous)
    4. Flag us as friendly to alliance and horde for 1 week (probably less) to give us a chance to lvl up and gear up from our weakened state (to prevent being ganked)

Fair to both sides imo and an obtainable compromise.
    Edit: Yes many ppl on AJ will not find this fair but considering that this may be our one and only chance to transfer I don't consider it that bad.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:10 pm