Old Aleajecta

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Old Aleajecta

For all aleajecta players that liked blizzlike

+5
Kaamos
tehpwnedlife
Redoks
Kumy
Deathrider
9 posters

Sometimes there is no place like Home

Deathrider

Sometimes there is no place like Home Empty Sometimes there is no place like Home

Post  Deathrider Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:44 pm

My 2 cents here:

I closely watched every topics in this forums since the end of AJ and think it's time for me to open an alternative to what's is being offer until now.

Since the end of the original AJ, I looked for differents Blizz-like server to play at. Like most of you, I've checked with Inner-Realm, Bloodcraft, Phoenix, Team-Canada (where I came from 3 year ago), Spermik, Deathknell and some others I don't remember the name. All these servers had something in common, none accepted merging a bunch of players from another server. It's understandable. AJ rules were the same: No merging of any kind. We can't blame them. They do what they want, after all It's their servers.

So, basicly this means none of us will ever get his characters back exactly the way they were on AJ where ever we go. And, if some kind of merge does happen somewhere, then many, if not all of us, will have to loose Rank, XP, Gears, Money, Achievements or Reputation. There is no way out, anyway you put it, we are screw. Personnally, losing any of these is not an option and no way I'm gonna start new characters from scratch. I haven't level my chars XP, Rep and Achievements for three years now to just throw all this work away and start anew.

Then I asked myself, why the hell would I want to leave? Aleajecta is back on-line! All my characters with Gears, Money, XP, Reputation and Achievements are still there and I haven't lost a single dime in the rebuilt!! Oh yeah, I hear you said "It's full of bugs! This or that talent is not working anymore, this or that quest is bugged, This dungeon is not script, etc, etc." So fucking what!! This server is not more bugged than it was one year ago when Burning Crusade come out and EVERYONE OF YOU WERE HAPPILY PLAYING ON IT ANYWAY!!! So stop the scrap about the bugs.

The Other big deal is about Amd1800 past behaviour, "She's a cheater!!!" Woooo!!! Scary!! Come on guys, let's face it. Don't tell me no one of you ever try a single hack you found on the Net just for the fun of it? "Yeah, But she abused of her rank of Admin". Ok, but there is a simple solution for this not to happen again. It is call "logging". When I was admin with AJ long time ago, we had the same problem with a guy call Triplix. As an admin, he used go to instances and ".die" Boss just to get their blue gears. So what happenend? Someday, someone checked the logs, reported it and it was kicked out and banned by others admins the same day. As simple as that! " eh.. Yeah, But she'll be the ROOT admin!!! She'll kick other admins out!" Ok, can't defend this one. But seriously, do you think someone who took on her shoulder to rebuilt a server, restore everyone data and put it on-line, did it so she could start cheating again?? Come on. Being a root admin come with great powers but implied great responsabilities. I can't see an immature person do it. And at least, I think we can give her a chance.

In the past, AJ was a great community with extremly good admins that I would never stop to thanks for the admirable works they did. For me this place was like Home. I brought four of five friends on this server and they were all happily surprised by how well-managed the server was and how mature and friendly our community was in compared to all the scrap you find in the top ten private wow server list. Why throw this all away and merge to some place with lesser standard? Why not invite back Reverend and Argoh, who did tremendous work this past year (sorry for others I'm not awared of, I lost access to Lords forum long ago) and give them full control over the server like Greenseed used to do? Many of the bugs I talked earlier were fixed by scripts from those guys. They still must have them somewhere on their hard drive!

And you, why don't you all come back to AJ and rebuilt it, not the way it was before but better! And then again, why not give it a new name? Something that will tell the world this is the best free, well-managed, mature WoW private server around where you want to go when you want the real thing, free.

Sometimes, there is no place like Home...

Comments are welcome.

Sincerely,

D.
    Kumy
    Kumy
    Admin

Sometimes there is no place like Home Empty Re: Sometimes there is no place like Home

Post  Kumy Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:07 pm

2 simple reasons why i won't join that server:

1. Jiliane
    2. I lag there even with 0 ppls online.
    Redoks

Sometimes there is no place like Home Empty Re: Sometimes there is no place like Home

Post  Redoks Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:13 pm

man you opened my eyes. I hate this, but you are right. we will never be as we were in aj if our chars get transfered. Lets give amd1800 a chance.
    tehpwnedlife

Post  tehpwnedlife Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:14 pm

Whatever the specs on that server are I can tell you one thing:
    WoW itself is probably too much for that server to handle cuz like Kumy said even with no one else there it lags beyond playability. I don't know whats up with that place but it's not for me. What good is our chars the way they were when we've lost the fixes and progress that was made a long time ago.

"So fucking what!! This server is not more bugged than it was one year ago when Burning Crusade come out and EVERYONE OF YOU WERE HAPPILY PLAYING ON IT ANYWAY!!!"

Past does not equal Present
    It may have been bad in the past at times of TBC but that does not make it ok to be that bad today.
    Kaamos
    Kaamos

Post  Kaamos Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:31 pm

Deathrider wrote:"It's full of bugs! This or that talent is not working anymore, this or that quest is bugged, This dungeon is not script, etc, etc." So fucking what!!
    So fucking what? I don't think so. I believe people stayed and continued playing then because they had some trust in the staff that was able to fix things in a reasonable amount of time. I don't see how Jill or whoever is helping him/her are going to do that. And if until the end of AJ he/she was a staff member all along, why haven't we seen him/her do anything staff-related? Except for perhaps adding crazy amounts of gold and items to his/her account and similar crap.

But seriously, do you think someone who took on her shoulder to rebuilt a server, restore everyone data and put it on-line, did it so she could start cheating again?? Come on. Being a root admin come with great powers but implied great responsabilities. I can't see an immature person do it. And at least, I think we can give her a chance.
    You're being a little naive there aren't you? Where does all that trust in people you've never personally met come from? (maybe you have, but w/e) Hell, would I love to know. I don't think he/she even knows what kind of responsibility running a server is. As for the abusing part - you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Or beat a certain behaviour out of him/her for that matter.

And you, why don't you all come back to AJ and rebuilt it, not the way it was before but better! And then again, why not give it a new name? Something that will tell the world this is the best free, well-managed, mature WoW private server around where you want to go when you want the real thing, free.
    Why don't I come back? Because I have no wish to play on a server ran by someone who shouldn't even have admin rights to begin with and someone who was abusing those rights until the very (bitter) end of AJ.
    0o0Flame0o0

Post  0o0Flame0o0 Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:06 pm

I wont play on Jilli's server simply cuz I have beter alternatives right now..
    Paladium
    Paladium

Post  Paladium Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:09 pm

Kumy wrote:2 simple reasons why i won't join that server:

1. Jiliane
    2. I lag there even with 0 ppls online.
    3.I will follow old gms i trust them more than jill
    4.i don't see who will fix lag and buggs than can appear
    5.50% of peeople won't go back so it will have very few peeople that means hard to do heroics bgs etc
    6.poll shows clearly peeople opinions so i see post ussles

Last edited by Paladium on Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:12 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : cause im nab)
    Quarpest

Post  Quarpest Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:55 pm

Guys why dont we back to our first house????
    Why couldnt we give other opportunity to jill? He worked a lot to up our server again and he made it!!!, if he did a very bad abuse why no one heard about it? or why any GM banned permanently him??? ok maybe he abused but why he worked very hard to get up the server again?
    Our comunity its disappearing, we can try again logging in that server, jill cant do all job alone he needs help and I am sure that we can help him to grow up again the server, our server choices are becoming less and we dont find a nice answer, but we have one New Aj server, Jill its becoming unmotivated for all bad comments to him... and maybe he wont keep up the server for a long time, its time for us to grow up again, to reborn from the ashes (pure coincidence xd).
    Lets give to AJ another chance please, Together we can do everything.

Grettings to all.
    Aj the best blizzlike server.
    Sir klorick

Post  Sir klorick Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:55 pm

If i were you, i would try to give Jill a chance. Why, because he decided to try to recreate Aj, and that not easy. Maybe he used cheating before, but everyone use a hack i whatever game on day. I know that hacking is not ok, but every body can have a second chance. Why trying to denigrate him when all what he wanted is to give you a chance to play YOUR character again. If you where trying to help him and not denigrate him, it would be easier, you would be able to play with your character again and everybody would be happy. Try to give him a chance we can't lose more than this.

I hope it will be an Aleajecta like before!

Good luck Jill! I thrust you!
    Kumy
    Kumy
    Admin

Post  Kumy Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:11 am

Sir klorick wrote:Maybe he used cheating before, but everyone use a hack i whatever game on day. I know that hacking is not ok, but every body can have a second chance.

Then i wish you good luck in hacking the server.

Topic closed.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:40 pm